Theater Workshop Series!
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
August 5th, 7th, 9th
8161 Regent Pkwy, Fort Mill, SC 29715 building #102
only $90 per student!
Students will experience...
A solo audition with coaching
Cold reading practice
A mock dance audition
Students will take away...
A book of audition techniques
Confidence to go into an audition strong
Resources for future training
Students will need...
To prepare a musical theater piece to perform, memorized
To bring a full water bottle
To wear comfortable clothes
Who should attend...
Students who have an interest in musical theater
Students who would like to land a greater role in their school's musical theater production this year
Students who are interested in auditioning for roles outside of their school's theater opportunities
Please fill out the form below to register
See you there!
Schedule of Events:
Welcome and Introduction
-Meet your coaches
-Improv game for students
-Light physical warm up
Vocal Warm Ups
Audition "Do's" and "Don'ts"
- Group discussion and demonstration
- Led by professional opera singer and musical theater performer, Leigh Ann Murdaugh
- Demonstrated by professional Jazz, Hip hop, and R&B singer/songwriter Elizabeth Thomas
Mock Vocal Auditions
- Group training on how to engage with a live accompanist
- One-on-One vocal audition coaching in front of class
- Snacks and extra water provided
- Students may change into dance clothes if desired
Mock Cold Readings
- Tips and training for acting in front of a crowd
- Individual and group coaching
Mock Dance Audition
- Physical Warm Up to the song "A Million Dreams"
- Dance audition practice
- Q & A
- Resources provided for future workshops and individual training opportunities
*Piano Accompaniment, microphones, CD players, and Bluetooth sound equipment will be provided. Please submit your requests for whichever form of accompaniment you prefer, along with the recording for your audition piece or sheet music, in advance.